Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Church Music continued

I thought I would add a few thoughts about worship, to clarify, and also just some more ideas that have come up in the last couple of days.

I guess first I should say that I maybe shouldn't have put my thoughts about worship at certain more traditional CRC churches in the same blog post as those lyrics from Jon Foreman. I feel that the worship at these churches is far from what is described in this song.

I've been thinking about passion in worship lately. I think a lack of passion in worship plagues most churches, whether it be a traditional CRC or a contemporary community church, or an emerging home church. A passion for excellence, a passion for the musician's craft, a passion for something better, a passion for change, a passion for worship.

I know that's hard; I speak from experience, but I'm sick of people who don't care enough to practice, and I'm sick of people who discuss change and passion and worship, but don't care enough to step up.

Anyways, this is something that I care about, but it's something that I prefer not to debate, because it's one of those things that seems endless, and in the end, my best solution is get up there and show my passion.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The problem is...that some churches have sooo many talented artists and some have very few. It sure would be nice to have a balance so that all may enjoy. :)
A. Tena

Anonymous said...

Very good post...
I like the clarification. You really put your finger on it, i think

Linda said...

It can be hard to know the heart of a person. Some people show their passion in different ways. I think you nailed it in your last sentence. We can't change other people or force them to be or do what we think they should be or do. We can only change ourselves.