Thursday, May 22, 2008

May Long

I made it to St. Catharines just in time to relax over the long weekend.

Saturday night I hung out with some of the Wikkerink cousins plus friends. We wanted to go to some ghetto bowling alley in Grimsby, but it turns out it was closed, so we played pool instead. Still ended up being a pretty decent night. Caleb was along with us; it was his birthday. He was complaining and stuff, which I don't really understand. If I was his age and had the chance to go play pool and hang out with some of my older cousins and siblings for my birthday, I would have loved it.

Sunday I went to church at Covenant in St. Catharines (that's where most of the Postma side goes to church). Afterwards I went to hang out at the De Vries house. Mostly played Wii for the afternoon, then a wonderful steak for dinner, and then a little driving tour of the area hosted by Peter and Johnny.

Monday there was a little party; I think it was for me. Just a barbecue and joking around with cousins, lots of fun. We walked through Virgil later in the evening to go watch the fireworks for Victoria day. I wasn't expecting much from a small town like Virgil, but I was pleasantly surprised. In fact, the fireworks there kind of put the Winnipeg fireworks shows to shame.

I'm too tired right now to remember any of the really good details from the weekend.

2 comments:

Linda said...

Sounds like you've had a good start to your new life in Ontario!

Larissa said...

Too bad you couldn't experience Stryx bowling alley. It's one of a kind :)