Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Read this post, answer a question (or more)

It feels like it's time for an update.... (1. how often should I update?)

This week has been my first real week of work in my office (2. what should I do to jazz up my boring office?) doing actual stuff other than training. I'm trying to have a good attitude about the early mornings, but waking up at 6:00 am is not my thing. It would be better if I actually left the office at 3:00 like I'm supposed to, but it's been busy these first couple of days with meetings being planned in the afternoong that seem to extend past my ability to concentrate (3. how does Eric stay awake in a meeting after being up early and working for 8 hours?)

Still in a conundrum about where to live. I guess I have some ideal place imagined in my head that will never be a reality. I guess all I want is a room to myself with a bed and a desk, and a house with other people that I actually know. (4. Where should I live?)

It was hot on Sunday and Monday, now it's cold again. (no question associated with that)

I've been living with my Aunt Marg and Uncle Andy; they have cable, but only basic, which means no TSN, which means no Sportcentre. I've watched that show probably almost everyday for the last 4 or 5 years, and I am missing it right now. (5. What should Eric do without Sportcentre?) Plus, I've come to love the High Definition that I was fortunate to live with the last year or so. Hockey playoffs in regular TV just isn't the same, and related to both, I need a solution before football season gears up in the summer....

It seems I have spare time these days. Being up early means I have a couple of hours in the afternoon, and with less friends around here, not much of a social life right now. (6. What should I do with my spare time?)

It may be cold, but I think I want to go for a walk, and maybe an ice cream.

6 comments:

mmichele said...

hmmm

well i think you should update AT LEAST once per week, but every other day would be better.

i think when you find the place you choose to live in, you should just pay a little extra over whatever your people were paying to get your SportsCentre. I know that I couldn't live without it.

no wisdom about the other stuff. micah is making money busking... maybe you could busk at niagara falls and make enough to get a really cool apartment with a high def TV.

take care! lots of love.

John Wikkerink said...

Hey Eric, if your ever bored, you are always welcome at our place-even without an invite for dinner or just to hang out. We have TSN but no high def. We would give up our regularly shceduled programing and watch your shows with you.

Uncle John.

Larissa said...

You should also come out to our baseball games (in St.Kitts) ...They are rather fun. There is a new ump who looks, acts, and talks just like McLovin from Superbad. It is CRAZY!! Nicole and I are regular watchers...until I begin playing again and then James will come out to all of them too. Just a thought :)

Linda said...

1. Minimum, twice a week.
2. Pictures of your mother. I haave an 8X10 glossy that you can have.
3. Go to bed earlier, or drink lots of caffeinated coffee.
4. Hmmm. That's a tough one.
5. Maybe there's a 12 Step program. "Hi, my name is Eric and I'm addicted to Sportcentre."
6. Take up photography, or as Michele said, try busking. You could make a lot of money. Going for a walk is always good.

Love you and miss you...

Nicole said...

Eric, without reading Larissa's post I was totally thinking that you should come out to the games. They aren't co-ed games so you might be a little out numbered but I am having so much fun going out to watch these games once or twice a week.

Nicole said...

Hey, where are you?!
I don't know your # yet. Did you catch the plans for going to a baseball game tonight? Rich is playing at a diamond just down the road from Larissa's place... and they might show up with Jaela too so you should come. It's at 9:30. I don't know exactly where it is so you're gonna have to call here and get directions... Tena will be around but I'll probably be gone all day. Hope to see you there!