Saturday, May 24, 2008

Place to Live

I've been looking for an apartment in St. Catharines, but feeling a little discouraged.

First, they cost a lot of money. If I was willing to live in a sketchy neighbourhood, or in a run-down buiding, then maybe I could get away with paying only $600-650 a month, but if I want a decent building in a decent neighbourhood I'd be easily paying $750 a month for a 1 bedroom. Not nice.

Also, based on my experience in Sudbury (see previous post) I realized that I don't think I want to live all on my own. It would be very nice to have roomates or something like that; unfortunately I don't really know anybody here that is also looking for a place, and I don't think I want to start looking at the random-people-I-don't-know-looking-for-a-roomate listings. Hmm. Maybe I'll pursue some possibilities with the family in the area.....

2 comments:

Linda said...

I'm sure there are possibilities with family in the area. Good luck!

Alisha said...

My good friends own a building in st. catherines. I can ask about prices for you.