Monday, June 23, 2008

Music

I picked up the new Coldplay album last week, Viva La Vida or Death And All His Friends. It's pretty good I guess. There is a couple of good songs, but overall: meh (mind you, that's what I said just after their last album). I'm more interested in how they would pull off most of those songs live. I think this is perhaps their most produced album to date, a lot of layered tracks, symphonic bits, and digitalizing, which is cool, but I would hope that live they could still fill out that sound. Anyways, if you're a Coldplay fan, you would probably like it.

Beyond that though. I'm so over that album, I've moved on since then. I'm on a big Stars craze right now. I know their last album was released last year, but I keep coming back to them. I heard a few tracks of theirs on CBC Radio 3 the other day, and was prompted to dig out my album from deep in a box. To this day, still impressed. The various constructs of Broken Social Scene continue to wow me. If you consider yourself a fan of Canadian Indie music (or Indie music in general), you need to know who Broken Social Scene is, and all their related projects, bands and artists.

1 comment:

Tim said...

Unfortunately, those of us in Winnipeg will NOT be able to see how they will do those songs live...grrrr.